Are there any countries (other than NZ) that have sheep?
there is no jutification for (any member of the general public) having a gun for their own private use
* devastate : [verb] destroy or ruin (something)
* massacre: [noun] an indiscriminate and brutal slaughter of people
* atrocity : [noun] an extremely wicked or cruel act, typically one involving physical violence or injury
* perspective : [noun] a particular attitude toward or way of regarding something; a point of view
* reference : [noun] the action of mentioning or alluding to something
* criticism : [noun] the expression of disapproval of someone or something based on perceived faults or mistakes
* sarcasm : [noun] the use of irony to mock or convey contempt
* thick-skinned : [adjective] insensitive
[Describe a mistake you have made in your life that you regret.]
- say what the mistake was
- say when you made the mistake
and discuss why you regret making it.
problem -> problematic
If she had (she’d) [come|-ed] last year, she would (she’d) have (she’d've) [found|-ed] a job.
[THE ADVANTAGES OF LEARNING ANOTHER LANUAGES]
There are numerous advantages in learning another language.
It should not be surprising that English, Spanish and Mandarin are becoming increasingly popular, given that they are so useful.
The advantages of leaning another language can be divided into three broad areas: a personal satisfaction, as a support for business an as a way of promotiong international tolerance.
It is thought that learning another language helps to develop personal satisfaction because as people studay as a second language they get exposed to a wide variety of experiences at the same time. When you make a friend from another country, it is essential that you can communicate in the same language. Additionaly by mastering other languages people become more confident because of their achievement; it is intrinsically pleasing.
International business has increased very significantly in recent years.
English is the main means of communication, so more and more business people have begun leaning it.
In addition the vast majority of emails are in English.
However, English is not the only medium; Mandorin and Spanish are also two of the most important languages.
If business people study one of them, it will contribute to improve communication with foreigner companies.
Therefore, learning different languages can promote global trade.
Learning a language can also be a way promoting international torelance. It provides greater opportunities for direct communication with foreigners. It leads to people getting closer to each other as a consequence began to appreciate culture diffecences. In addition, language learning helps to breakdown national stereotypes, given that when people communicate well they would understand better each other and racial backgrounds.
It has been shown in this essay that there are considerable advantages in learning another language.
These advantages are not restricted to personal reasons; they are also important from an international perspective.
Without English international business would not be so efficient.
However, given the number of international crises, parhaps the most important role of learning an additional languages is in the promotion of international understanding.
- problematic : [adjective] constituting or presenting a problem or difficulty