[5 “giving” sentences (from Corpus Concordance)]
- Each of them aimed at developing students’ writing abilities, giving useful advise on how to produce individually well-constructed academic essays.
- Let us imagine a Hungarian university dormitory with four floors, giving accommodation for a large number of students.
- Inflection and unemployment appeared, giving rise to growing social unease, while corruption within the bureaucratic elite reached massive proportions.
- In 33 of these the diagnosis offered was confirmed by consultant, giving a diagnostic accuracy of 61% compared with the 27% quoted by Russell Jones.
- There have been a total of 16 positive test results, nine of which were confirmed on a subsequent venous sample, giving an incidence of 1/3802 male births.