[Discuss a gift you have received that you value.]
You should say:
- what this gift is
- who gave you this gift
and explain why you value it so much.
[THE ADVANTAGES OF LEARNING ANOTHER LANGUAGES]
There are numerous advantages in learning another language. It should not be surprising that English, Spanish and Mandarin are becoming increasingly popular, given that they are so useful. The advantages of leaning another language can be divided into three broad areas: a personal satisfaction, as a support for business an as a way of promoting international tolerance.
International business has increased very significantly in recent years. English is the main means of communication so more and more business people have begun leaning it. In addition the vast majority of emails are in English. However, English is not the only medium; Mandarin and Spanish are also two of the most important languages. If business people study one of them, it will contribute to communication with foreign companies. Therefore, learning different languages can promote global trade.
- to have a bad attitude towards …
- * satisfactory : [adjective] fulfilling expectations or needs; acceptable, though not outstanding or perfect
- * satisfied : [adjective] contented; pleased
- * extinct : [adjective] (of a species, family, or other larger group) having no living members
- turning a blind eye
- * exhaust : [verb] drain (someone) of their physical or mental resources; tire out
- * promote : [verb] advance or raise (someone) to a higher position or rank